Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Busy, Busy

It seems like when nothing is going on to blog about, I have the time and energy to write something.  When I have things to write about, I don't have the time to actually do it.  So I'll sum up the last week or so.  My friend Kim lives in Fernely, Nevada, and I haven't gone to her house to see her in at least 4 years.  So when she invited us to a birthday party for her girls I was all for it.  I got off work early and went to pick up the girls from Grandma Martin's so we could leave.  It turns out Leah wasn't feeling well, so I left her home with Jason and just took Hannah and Madalynne.  We picked up Katie on the way out (I wanted her to drive home because I HATE driving in the dark).  So we're driving and we get right around Donner Lake when it starts to snow (NOOOOO)  I'm a California girl, so snow is a no go.  I briefly considered turning around, but I put my big girl pants and kept going.  We got to the party (an hour late) and had a lot of fun.  The girls loved the pinata at the party.  Madalynne keep saying she wants a piesta (pinata) for her birthday too.  I was so nice to see Kim again, I always love to hang out with her.  We headed home a few hour later and to our luck No snow!!!  When we get home the girls were so tired and they went strait to bed with no problem.  It was so nice!!

But.. it turns out Leah was really sick.  She had a fever and wouldn't eat or drink anything.  I called the doctor in the morning and took her in.  The doctor told me she had Hand Foot and Mouth Disease... (what the heck?)  It is basically a virus that gives you a rash on your hands, feet, and in your mouth (makes sense, right?) Leah only has them in her mouth, but the doctor said it's like having 50 canker sores in your mouth and throat (ouch!!)  but I could do for her is give her Tylenol or Motrin and make sure she is drinking, so she doesn't get dehydrated.  Poor baby!!  I felt so bad for her.  She is finally all better today, but we had a rough couple of days (and nights).  Now Hannah is not feeling well, but at least it's doesn't seem as bad.  It's easier when they can tell you what's wrong.

I'll leave you with a couple of pics from last week....


Sharing a pickle

Finger painting

Leah's first time finger painting- she loved it!

Our first fire at the new house

Baking cookies - Maddie loves to bake

No comments:

Post a Comment